Safety rubber mat is an environmentally friendly, non-slip, impact absorbing safety and footway matting surface. The safety rubber matting is ideal for children‘s play areas, playgrounds, most multi-function play frames, springers, swings, fitness/fun trails and pathways. The rubber safety mats are manufactured from recycled rubber and are easily installed on existing grass. The rubber safety matting is simply pegged to the ground, allowing the grass to grow through the mesh apertures creating a natural grass finish whilst offering the benefits of a safety surface beneath.
Safety rubber mats have many benefits including :
• Absorbs shock and noise
• Critical fall height of 3 metres, tested by RAPRA
• Tested to BS EN 1177:1998 3 Metre Critical Fall Height
• Moulded non-slip cellular structure with excellent durability and comfort
• Requires no special skills or tools allowing a quick and easy installation
•No costly base works (as required for conventional tiles or wet pour)
•Ideal for green field sites, disappears from view once turf has re-grown
• Can be used on flat or contoured landscapes
• Suitable for all weather, extreme temperatures and resists wind uplift
• Large openings of 2.5 cm diameter allow liquid and debris to drain, keeping surface dry and clean
• Wheelchair and pushchair accessible
Playground rubber safety mats should be laid onto a ground stabilisation mesh to increase the ground reinforcement. The safety matting should be secured using plastic fixing pegs and the edges of the mats should be tied together using cable ties. Please check the suitability of this product prior to installation as the CFH figure will be affected by soil type, moisture and grass. Installation guidance is available to download by clciking on the relevant tab above.
Detailed design literature and technical requirements are downloadable.